Re: [OT] Digital camara

On Nov 4, 2007 9:50 PM, Martin Marques <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all, sorry for the OT, but as many people here have more knowledge
> then me on this topic I'll just ask.
>
> I'm about to by a digital camara and I was looking at a Panasonic Lumix
> with 5MP and 6x optical zoom.
>
> I tend to see the 6x zoom more interesting then having 7 or more MP, but
> I'd like to know if I should go for more MP or stay with the good zoom.

I just bought one of these a few months back. I am quite happy with it.
Some of its highlights:
- can take a picture quite quickly from power on to shooting the pic.
- compact and robust body ... although I see that they are coming out
with a cheaper model lately with a flimsier feeling plastic body.
- good colour ... by my eyes anyways.
- good battery life
- motion stabilization

Some lowlights:
- custom USB cable
- custom battery
- the JPEG encoding used for the pictures is quite grainy when
digitally zoomed in.

/Mike