Re: [OT] Digital camara

Tim wrote:

'tis only a compact, and generally fully automatic, but has manual
overrides for most things.  If it weren't for the costs of film
processing, and the delays, I'd much prefer to keep on using my 35 mm
SLR, but this one is quite nice for a digital compact.  The biggest
bugbear, for me, is the delays in turning on, and after you press the
shutter.  I cannot take candid shots with it, nor any other type of spur
of the moment shot.

I was walking the streets of Melbourne, crossing one and someone hurtled past illegally on a motorcycle. Up with the Canon, one click and he was captured. If I'd had "sports" activated, there'd have been three or more frames of the cycle.

The problem with an SLR is its size: as someone said here (Perth, not the list) recently, if you have one of those slung around your neck, you might as well don the Hawaiian shirt and Bermuda hat too.

the Pentax I have (did I mention it?) is slow.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait