Re: Beryl issue - no title bar on windows and can't start beryl

Sudheer Satyanarayana wrote:
Hello,

I clicked on the beryl-manager icon to launch it. I selected beryl window manager and the desktop froze. The keyboard would not function. I had to restart the computer by pressing the power switch on CPU.

Now when I can't launch beryl manager to switch back to another window manager. When I try the desktop freezes. The blue color title bar is missing on all windows. Therefore, I can't access the minimize, maximize and close buttons. I can't resize any windows either. There is no beryl-manager icon on the tray.

How can I fix this problem? beryl-manager was working before. It has been a long time since I used it. I don't know what happened to it now.

if you can get a terminal open:

$ metacity --replace &

Will fix the problem.

You can do this from the failsafe login if you have to.

Good Luck!