Re: Fedora 7 'issues' (printer)

Message: 5
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 11:19:59 +0000
From: Tim Waugh < twaugh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fedora 7 'issues' (printer)
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 11:15 +0900, Michael Hartley wrote:

> Under FC4, it worked ok once I managed to get it installed, but kept
> disappearing, until someone from this list advised me how to tweak the
> OS to make it work.

Not sure what you mean about this.  Can you be more specific?  Perhaps
it's relevant.

It was quite some time ago, but if you search the list archives for  mike40033 samsung, you'll probably find it.

By the way, I didn't upgrade to F7, I did a clean install on a new hard disk.

> Under FC7, it worked for a couple of weeks, but now (after a YUM
> update) the printer seems to be 'not connected - trying again in 30s'

What does 'lpstat -s' say, and what does '/usr/sbin/lpinfo -v' say?

 [hartleym@genesis ~]$ lpstat -s
no system default destination
device for Samsung: usb://Samsung/ML-1510_700
[hartleym@genesis ~]$ /usr/sbin/lpinfo -v
network socket
network beh
direct hal