RE: /sbin/ifup-local does not work on boot only on restart

> Are they any messages in the log about this? From everything
> I have read in the scripts, and from the way "service network
> restart" works, it should work. Running "service network
> restart" runs the stop code, and then runs the start code.

Mikkel

Problem solved.

It wasn't a problem with ifup-local. It was the fact that syslog had not
started. I've modified the scripts to log to /var/log/ifup-local.log and
it's all working fine.

Because syslog had not started logger was not logging it correctly. I've
switched to the following method of logging and I'm can now log the
correct operation of the ifup-local script.

-----------
#!/bin/bash

case "$1" in
eth0)
    /bin/echo  "`date`:  ifup-local::  Interface -> ${1} " >>
/var/log/ifup-local.log
    ;;

wan0)
    /bin/echo  "`date`:  ifup-local::  Interface -> ${1} " >>
/var/log/ifup-local.log
    ;;

*)
    /bin/echo  "`date`:  ifup-local::  Unhandled Interface -> ${1} " >>
/var/log/ifup-local.log
esac

Thanks for your help you suggestions got me looking in the right direction
to solve the problem.

Regards John