Re: /sbin/ifup-local does not work on boot only on restart

John Arthur wrote:
>>> I want to run a script immediately after and interface comes up.
>>> However ifup-local does not appear to be running on bootup it only
>>> runs if I do a "service network restart"
>>>
>>> Does anyon have any ideas or pointers?
>>>
>> Dumb question - where is your script located? Is it possible
>> that your script is not accessible during bootup when the
>> interface is brought up?
>>
>  Not a dumb question, but, no it should be accessable. It's in /sbin right
> next to /sbin/ifup so it should work.
>
> John

Are they any messages in the log about this? From everything I have
read in the scripts, and from the way "service network restart"
works, it should work. Running "service network restart" runs the
stop code, and then runs the start code.

Mikkel