Re: fc6 nearing eol but f7 not useable yet (rant or feedback?)

Robin Laing wrote:

Mike Wright wrote:
I'm becoming concerned about the end of life for fc6.  It has been
stable for me and is the first of the fedoras that gave me a
more-or-less useable multimedia experience.  (vlc is awesome!)  I'd like
to continue using fc6 but am guessing I need to create my own repository
before fc6 disappears from the public repos.

Basically I agree with you on most points. As for changes to gnome, I have seen that these are part of the upstream mess and I don't like them. Moved to KDE.

My wife won't let me move her to F7 until it works well on the desktop. Until then FC4 on her laptop.

If you don't want stuff newer than FC6, why not install Centos5? It is very much like (as in almost identical) to FC6 and will be for a very very long time.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx