Timothy Murphy wrote:
Tim wrote:

Karl Larsen
title Fedora f7-64
        rootnoverify (hd1,2)
        makeactive
        chainloader +1
Timothy Murphy:
Isn't this a rather unusual way to run Fedora on the second disk?
It gives you the advantage that when you yum update the second OS, it
updates its own boot, and you don't have to fiddle around with your
first grub.conf file.  Also, you can pull out a drive, and use either
one stand-alone.

I don't really understand your comment,
but am quite prepared to believe you are right.

However, this is not the standard or normal way of doing things,
so I don't think you can say - as Karl does -
that Fedora 7 doesn't work because of problems arising in this way.

For this to work, the Fedora f7-64 grub bootloader has to be installed on the third partition of the second harddisk.

   Very good. That is my conclusion too since it works fine.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User