Re: yum update / install from file

On 10/22/07, Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tony Crouch wrote:
> Hi All,
> I was wondering if anyone knows whether its possible to update yum from
> a file containing a list of packages (one per line).
>
> I have tried:
>
> yum -y install < file-name

Better: yum -y install $(cat filename)

makes from the lines of filename the options list (package list) for yum.

Regards

Joachim Backes

So one could  have  a  local directory, which updates regularly from a remote site
using rsync and use that to update the local system?
How about remote systems?

~af