FC7 hangs on SB16

hi Guys,
  Regarding my earlier mail.
//////////
FC7 hangs on SB16
I have Biostar M7VKQ mother board with built in sound card AC'97 2.2 Audio
CODEC. There is also an external sound card Sound Blaster 16 which I have
attatched. The problem is that the onboard sound card is working fine. It is
when I make the SB16 sound card work by making it default that the audio
plays for some time and the FC7 hangs. I then have no option but to do a
hard reboot

I tried reinstalling the latest version of ALSA drivers/ utils/ lib
packages but have had no luck.
Would apperciate any solutions given
//////////

   I tried the 'Repeat' play option in 'Soundcard Configuration' tool.
During this the system never hung. I thought this may help to
understand the defect better.
   If it is concluded that it is h/w pblm. then kindly let me know how
can it be avoided if any.

Thanks in Advance.........
--
Thanks,