Re: Fwd: FC7 hangs on SB16

raagu _ wrote:

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 06:48:26 -0600
From: Karl Larsen < k5di@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:k5di@xxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: Re: FC7 hangs on SB16
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>> Message-ID: < 4713619A.2060803@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:4713619A.2060803@xxxxxxxxxx>>

raagu _ wrote:
> Hi,
>   I have Biostar M7VKQ mother board with built in sound card AC'97 2.2
> Audio CODEC. There is also an external sound card Sound Blaster 16
> which I have attatched. The problem is that the onboard sound card is
> working fine. It is when I make the SB16 sound card work by making it
> default that the audio plays for some time and the FC7 hangs. I then
> have no option but to do a hard reboot
>
>   I tried reinstalling the latest version of ALSA drivers/ utils/ lib
> packages but have had no luck.
>   Would apperciate any solutions given
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Regards,
> Ragavendra.
   I think perhaps your Sound Blaster 16 might have a problem with it.
I assume it's a plug into the computer type and you might check and see
if it is plugged in well. F7 doesn't freeze up due to a software
problem. Only if you have a hardware fault.

--

       Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
       Linux User

hi,
As you told I'll remove and fix the card again. There is another question which arises here again. I have winxp on the same system. There is no problem with sound on win xp.
By this you mean you can can use either built-in or plugged in cards without a problem? That does argue that there is nothing hardware wrong...unless you somehow really never tried the plugged in card on windows.

The only other thing that comes to mind is that F7 has a problem with 2 cards present. This I don't think is the case.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User