Re: KDE confusion under F7

John Summerfield wrote:
Harald Hoyer wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:

I installed it with KDE and Gnome, and found I had to look closely to tell the difference.

It was the immediate cause of my not upgrading past RHL 7.3, and a very talented and all-round good gent, Bero, left RH over it. He was responsible for KDE, he had his own website of extras for KDE (including advocacy stuff),

 > it was he who added DVD burning to cdrecord

he just took warly's patches from http://people.mandriva.com/~warly/ renamed it dvdrtools and made a project page.

I won't argue the point, but Mandriva hadn't been invented then;-)

it was on a mandrake page back then :)

 > , and I think it was he who made the first rescue disks.

AUTHORS:
Bernhard Rosenkraenzer
Harald Hoyer
Michael Stefaniuc
Florian La Roche
Trond Eivind Glomsrød

Close. I recall an email announcing the first I saw, saying he had nothing much to do so he created a rescue disk which (I think) was available from RH's .de site.