Re: SELinux last straw

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 14:57 +0100, Chris G wrote:
> During the Fedora 7 installation when it asked whether I wanted
> SELinux I said no.  Since then I have not thought further about it
> really until I noticed some SELinux messages in /var/log/messages.
>
> I don't even *have* a /etc/selinux/conf, presumably saying 'no' to
> installation is the reason for this.
>
> Ah, no, the file is /etc/selinux/config.  No, I don't have
> "SELINUX=disabled" in it, it has:-
>
>     SELINUX=permissive
>     SELINUXTYPE=targeted
>     SETLOCALDEFS=0
>
> OK, so I need to change to "SELINUX=disabled" to turn it off
> completely, but why wasn't it set that way when I said 'no' during
> installation?

I just did a Fedora 7 install a week or two ago on a friends computer
and I'm pretty sure it didn't ask a yes/no question for SELinux, but
rather whether you wanted an enforcing, permissive or disabled policy
(with a strong recommendation NOT to choose disabled).

Anyhow, yes, just choose SELINUX=disabled and it will be turned
completely off.

Jonathan