Re: SELinux last straw

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 02:21:01PM +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Chris G wrote:
>
> > But it is, it runs and outputs messages in my logs which say that it
> > has stoppped some things which would otherwise have happened (apache
> > access to some files if I remember).
> >
> > OK, this isn't actually 'running' it but from a users point of view
> > it's no different.  If, when asked if I want X installed I say no and
> > then later I see in my logs 'X has done something', what else am I to
> > conclude.
>
> Just to be clear:
> Do you have "SELINUX=disabled" in /etc/selinux/conf
> and you still get SELinux messages from apache?

During the Fedora 7 installation when it asked whether I wanted
SELinux I said no.  Since then I have not thought further about it
really until I noticed some SELinux messages in /var/log/messages.

I don't even *have* a /etc/selinux/conf, presumably saying 'no' to
installation is the reason for this.

Ah, no, the file is /etc/selinux/config.  No, I don't have
"SELINUX=disabled" in it, it has:-

    SELINUX=permissive
    SELINUXTYPE=targeted
    SETLOCALDEFS=0

OK, so I need to change to "SELINUX=disabled" to turn it off
completely, but why wasn't it set that way when I said 'no' during
installation?

--
Chris Green