Re: Ipods

Steve Siegfried wrote:
John wrote:
Can't say I remember Ipods been talked about before. I'm 'trying' to fix a relatives computer (XP installed) and would like to dump Windows- IPod access is a must; getting the dvd burner dialed in, is another must. I haven't had any luck with my dvd burner and FC6 though. So... do IPods work in FC6 and or F7?

                        John

If you futz with it enough, most older iPods will talk to your linux box.
But (and for some people, this is a show-stopper) there's no iTunes and
no access to the Apple on-line iTunes store.

I was able to install iTunes/Quicktime on this box (FC6/Wine), though it screws up the desktop when I start iTunes. iTunes throws an error saying 'something' (the program itself) is corrupted. Looks like the cd/dvd burning part of iTunes doesn't work (I have a cdrw on this box). I have to dig up my iTunes info to see if I'm able to log into the store.

John