Re: mplayer without libmp3lame support

Andy Green wrote:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C

   You errored out because you do not have a C compiler on your
computer. This is weird and something you can fix.

I think in that case the two tests prior to that would have failed.

He needs to look towards the end, but perhaps not right at the end, of
his config.log to find the actual error where it tries to run gcc.  The
bit he quoted so far is not the relevant bit.

-Andy

Well to be real accurate I should have said his configure file can not find a C compiler. He may have the usual ones but they are not what was looked for.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User