Re: mplayer without libmp3lame support

On Monday 08 October 2007 08:03, dominique wrote:
> i cant use mencoder -oac mp3lame ... # or any script that uses it
> (i.e.dvd2avi) what should i do to solve that ?

You might try to remove your existing installation of mplayer and mencoder and
yum them from livna. I am not sure, but I believe they have libmp3lame
support compiled in.

Otherwise, download the source and compile it yourself. It should autodetect
lame and compile properly.

I have been using the latter option (almost) always, since I couldn't find a
rpm package that was compiled with options I needed...

Best, :-)
Marko

Marko Vojinovic
Institute of Physics