Re: F7-x86-64 Stopped Booting - GRUB Issue - Fixed!

> The solution was as I had originally guessed: I needed to make a new
> copy of the boot sector, and place it [in a file] on my Windows XP boot
> partition for NTLDR via boot.ini to load and use. Once I did that,
> Fedora booted just fine. I immediately did another yum update, and saw
> yet another new kernel come down the pipe, so I made a new copy of the
> boot sector right away, just in case.
>
> Thank you to everyone for your suggestions and tips. And for the record,
> Karl, yes, my grub.conf was pretty much configured exactly as you
> stated, which is apparently the correct configuration. But it was indeed
> that I needed to update the boot sector file that NTLDR used.
>
> Raymond

Excellent!  Sounds like you will have to do this every time the kernel
updates.  That being the case Karl's suggestion to dump the Windows
boot loader and go with grub only is worth considering.  It would make
life easier as you would not have to worry about kernel upgrades.
Most people use grub only (some may use lilo but grub is more
prevalent in F7 given it's the default boot loader).  Although clearly
you can use the Windows boot loader if you prefer (and some do).  I'm
not sure if it offers any advantage over using grub only.  If it does
not, it is worth considering a change to grub only.

Jacques B.