bash script stop/continue depending on caddy state.

I have a bash script that works with a cdrom drive. And a have a point
where the script should automaticly eject the caddy and then wait for
user to load it with another cd, then the script continues its work.

I realised it by eject command to unload caddy, then wait for a key hit
with 'read' then it 'eject -t' to close the caddy then the script
continues.

What I want is to remove the key hitting but replace it with caddy load
instead - just script stops when the caddy has been ejected and
continues after caddy has been closed (with the help of an user).

Any suggestions?