RE: nfs write problems

	-----Original Message-----
	From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Andy Green
	Sent: Thu 10/04/2007 02:12 PM
	To: For users of Fedora
	Subject: Re: nfs write problems

	The driver for the onboard gigabit Ethernet, or its connection to the
	PCI bus, can crap on the data before it gets CRC'd for transmission, you
	wouldn't see any errors on the network interface stats like that.

	I had similar problems, years ago... no errors on the clients, no errors  on the servers, no errors on the network hardware, but entire blocks within files that clearly didn't belong... Finally convinced the "network guy" to loan me a different switch (same brand... Cabletron?), and the problems cleared up... but we kept finding old files that had been written before the changing the switch.

<<winmail.dat>>