Re: nfs write problems

>>       program results are confirmed with od.

> Ox0D is suspecious.  This is the carriage return character.  How did you

He means od, the shell app for "Octal Dump".

I don't use NFS, but if this was happening to me I would be looking to
add a boring old PCI 10/100 Ethernet card, route everything through
that, swap the Ethernet cable with a known-good one: and see if it still
happened.

The driver for the onboard gigabit Ethernet, or its connection to the
PCI bus, can crap on the data before it gets CRC'd for transmission, you
wouldn't see any errors on the network interface stats like that.

-Andy