Re: [off topic but appropriate] Re: Can't compile Fortran in Fedora 7

Tim wrote:
> with some monumental snippage George Yanos sent:
>> If you can't do it in Fortran, do it in assembly language. If you
>> can't do it in assembly language, it isn't worth doing.
>
> 00
> C4
> C2
> 19
> C2
> C4
> 00
> 00
>
> I still say you're not a real programmer unless you've entered data into
> RAM using DIP switches to load the binary.  None of this using a
> programmer to do it for you business...

I can remember toggling in the papertape loader so that I could load
the system monitor, stopping the loader at the end of the tape. The
toggle in the start address of the monitor, and start running it. It
sure saved a lot of work when the system monitor was finely burned
to an EPROM, and you could just start it. But I can not picture
using DIP switches to load anything - they are too hard to change
and would not take all that many changes. (Unless I am not
understanding what you mean by DIP switches - the ones I have seen
fit an IC socket.)

Mikkel