My machine != localhost.localdomain?

Hello all,

I hope someone can answer this...

I had to swap out one of my machines this afternoon. Before I did that, I called it "localhost.localdomain", by default, in the system-config-network interface, and fixed an IP so that I could access the Internet.

Well, when it came time to swap out the machine with one named something.etc.blah.edu, it now says in /var/log/messages that something.etc.blah.edu != localhost.localdomain. Did something not "take" when I renamed it? What files should I look in to find out? It's a warning message, but I want to get rid of that error message altogether.

As always, thanks for any help!