Re: Phishing - Linux boxes are vulnerable

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Chris wrote:

Umm - I hate to toss a munkey wrench into the mix, but if you really
want a reliable SERVER OS, my choices would be OpenBSD, NetBSD or
FreeBSD

Thats debateable :) But yes out of the box it is by default where limux takes a a little effort

9. use something like MailScanner with spamassassin adn a good

While Mailscanner is very good - you need to know your MTA also.
(unless things have changed) Mailscanner and Postfix was a no-no.

It works with Postfix without problems, Weitse detests it and will shy people away from it (maybe because of his relationship with ther author of amavisd), but there are many large organisations using it happily
wiki.mailscanner.info  has howto, MailScanner even works with Qmail

--

Cheers
Res

Slackware -V- sloooUbuntoooou