Re: Removing Labels from fstab

On 9/28/07, Kevin J. Cummings <cummings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Aldo Foot wrote:
> On 9/28/07, R. G. Newbury <newbury@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Fedora 8rc2 like Fedora 6 and 7 uses labels in fstab.
>>
>> Anyone have any thoughts on what happens if I just replace the labels
>> with /dev/sdaXX references?
>>
>> --
>>               R. Geoffrey Newbury
>

> I'm also in the habit of replacing the labels with /dev/sdaXX and the system
> behaves normally. But I notice that when the system boots it references the
> original labels.

What references the original labels?

> Where in the system are these labels "stored" for the system to find them?

I suspect it is grub.  Have you looked at your grub.conf file?

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx

Yes. I have. Normally you see the root label in grub.conf. I'm ok with that.
But I had a /usr/local and changed its label to the /dev/sdaXX in fstab, but
at boot time the system would display /usr/local1... so I don't know where
that was coming from.

~Aldo.