Re: Removing Labels from fstab

On 9/28/07, R. G. Newbury <newbury@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Fedora 8rc2 like Fedora 6 and 7 uses labels in fstab.

Anyone have any thoughts on what happens if I just replace the labels
with /dev/sdaXX references?

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury

I'm also in the habit of replacing the labels with /dev/sdaXX and the system
behaves normally. But I notice that when the system boots it references the original labels.

Where in the system are these labels "stored" for the system to find them?

~Aldo.