Re: firefox crashing : what else to do ?

On 9/25/07, gatopardo <gatopardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Thanks Chris:
>    I've already logged as new user, and the result is the same : boom,
> crash !.

OK - we can safely assume that no user-specific settings are giving
you problems - it must be an issue with firefox itself.  Are you on
64-bit by any chance?

> With about:plugins I get :
>     No plug-ins are installed
>    Find more information about browser plug-ins at mozilla.org.
>     Help for installing plug-ins is available from plugindoc.mozdev.org.

OK - with no plugins visible to firefox, this again suggests you have
an underlying issue with firefox.  I have to admit that I don't have
many more ideas - if it were plugins or user settings at fault it
would be easier to move forward.  Have you tried
uninstalling/reinstalling firefox?  Perhaps something went wrong
during the update.  Check the yum log.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it - never any good to
hear this type of comment, but FF on F7 has been rock-solid for me so
far.

Chris