Re: Internet traffic and Azureus -

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Bob Goodwin wrote:

Tim wrote:
On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 12:25 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:

I've had two episodes of the router becoming inoperative in the last
48 hours!  This router has been in operation for a year and a half
without any problem at all.

That can happen with some routers when peer-to-peer software has been
used and has amassed a plethora of concurrent connections.

Can I expect that activity to taper off in a few days? Each time it has happened was in the evening. First time I thought the ISP was down but four in the morning when I awoke I decided I needed to troubleshoot the problem and found it was the wireless router. I had no wired connection to the router from here so I could not make a more precise determination of what had happened, just that it wasn't communicating with the access points. Re-cycling power brought it back to its senses.

I have seen this bug with some Linksys/Cisco routers. The fix is to update the firmware on the router. For some reason the old firmware cannot take large quantites of packets. Azurius and other bittorrent clients seem to trigger the bug.

--
Never trust a queue structure designed by a cryptographer.