Re: usb hotplug stopped working on Fedora Core 6 - any ideas how to troubleshoot?

Valent Turkovic wrote:
grep udev rpm
udev-095-17.fc6 Tue 16 Jan 2007 11:20:16 AM CET
I can't tell but the RPM you loaded is from last January and it may be the problem.

uname -a
Linux fedora 2.6.22.2-42.fc6 #1 SMP Wed Aug 15 12:34:26 EDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

This is the next to last kernel for F7 and it should be fine IF you have a udev that works. I think you might try to yum install a later udev.

What else feedback do you need?

    http://counter.li.org.
    > ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic
        Please tell us what kernel your using. Also find out what the last
    few update's were by looking at /var/log/yum.log. Look for kernel and
    udev updates.

        On F7 we had that problem and it was corrected by new kernels and
    updated udev. You may be have the F7 problem :-)

    --

            Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
            Linux User