Re: usb hotplug stopped working on Fedora Core 6 - any ideas how to troubleshoot?

Valent Turkovic wrote:
Hi, I have issues with usb hotplug.
I used to plug my usb memory sticks and mp3 players and they would automount and gnome would show them on the desktop and open an nautilus window.

How I see kernel sees device when I plug it but no automount happens. I can still manually do 'mount /dev/sdb1 /media/disk' but I liked it how it automatically just worked. I have two Fedeora Core 6 laptops and I didn't pay attention when it stopped working on which but now automount doesn't work on both of them. Maybe some update broke it?

I have no idea how to troubleshoot it and if this is a bug, and should I report it as a bug and where... so any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

Valent from Croatia.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/ <http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/>
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

On F7 we had that problem and it was corrected by new kernels and updated udev. You may be have the F7 problem :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User