Re: Fedora philosophy (was ATI video comes out of the closet)

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 17:26 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
Les Mikesell wrote:
That's sort of like saying that if you have the resources you could assemble a fleet of custom built cars from parts and maintain them yourself instead of driving standard models.
I once had an AMC Pacer which had parts from all different manufacturer. (Chrysler and GM anyway)

And you state that as evidence in support of the idea? 8^)

I guess it fits the philosophy. It is like having NVidia headlights that need reworked with every crank of the Linux engine.

Advent Projection television sets were similar in that regard also. (Many different TV manufacturer components used in sets)

Former VW Variant owner,

That car was built into everything imaginable.