Re: Fedora philosophy (was ATI video comes out of the closet)

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

No.  It seems that the people I work with are much more experienced
and or
informed.
I don't get it. I thought you said they weren't experienced with Fedora.
 Are they or aren't they?

Strange - the original message, before you cut it, was talking about
being experienced enough to know what to base their decision on. You
do not have to experienced in Fedora to do that.

What? I wrote the original part about having experience with Fedora being useful to administer RHEL/Centos.

Knowing the
philosophy of Fedora is enough.

That has nothing to do with anything I was saying.

Taking things out of context to try
and make your point again?

I think I know the context of my own message. It was that if you have experience installing/maintaining fedora, it will take a lot less training in administration to also manage RHEL/Centos servers than any distribution that uses a different style and set of tools. And that is something an organization should consider if they aren't planning to outsource all their system management. If the reply didn't respond to that issue, that's where the context was lost.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx