NVIDIA drivers -- thoroughly confused ??

Hi;

I have a new ASUS M2NPV-VM motherboard, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core processor.  This motherboard has an integrated NVIDIA Geforce 6
graphics chip.  I am running F-7-i386 and using the "nv" driver for the
graphics card.

Questions:
     1. Should I just leave the "nv" driver well enough alone ?
     2. Will I get noticeably better performance downloading the
        NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.11-pkg1.run from the NVIDIA site ?
     3. Or better from the Livina repository?
     4. What is the driver rpm name in Livina ?

Honest to Gawd.  I googled the Fedora mailing list and it got more and
more confusing.  I thought it would be easier to just layout my problem
and start with a clean set of answers.

--
Regards Bill