Re: Eth 1 problem in FC7

david walcroft wrote:
> Excuse my ignorance but how do I obtain my hardware address for Eth1.
> Apparently I have Dhcp on my box,the cable is OK and it was a
> replacement card.
>
> Thanks   david

It is probably on the box the card came in. There is probably a
sticker on the card as well. But because it is in the computer, and
you probably do not want to take it apart, just comment out or
delete the line that starts "HWADDR=" in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1. If things are working
correctly, you can also get the hardware address, by running
"/sbin/ifconfig eth1". The first line will be something like:

eth1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:02:A5:F4:91:5E

Note: The hardware address and the default MAC address of the card
should be the same. But you can change the MAC address of most cards.

Mikkel