Re: Installing Fedora7 in a VirtualPC2007 guest?

Bo Berglund wrote:

> I tried login as root and got a # prompt.

For future reference, the command line syntax to create a user is just:

useradd name

Of course, you can look anywhere online to get much more command-line
info, but normally you won't need it.

> This brought me finally through it all without corruption and on to a
> login screen where I could get into Fedora as root and add users etc.

Great. :)

> Is there some config app where the boot options can be set or do I
> have to manually edit grub.conf???

Manually, I believe.  It's usually not difficult, once you know which
parameters you need.

Matt Flaschen