Re: Installing Fedora7 in a VirtualPC2007 guest?

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 08:24 +0200, Bo Berglund wrote:
> I have yet to see how I can get the system to reboot without
> interference with the extra parameters, though.

For some hardware, you just have to do that.  At least you do have
options for booting with special parameters to support your hardware,
rather than finding it simply can't be used.

> Question:
> Is there some config app where the boot options can be set or do I
> have to manually edit grub.conf???

That is where the boot parameters come from - when booting - the kernel
line.  If you boot using GRUB, then that's what you want to customise.
There isn't something else to have to fiddle with.

It is a once-only thing, generally (unless a future update necessitates
a change in operating parameters).  Once you've got a system working,
when you next update the kernel, it inherits the parameters.  You'd see
your grub.conf file has the parameters applied to the new kernel, too.

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6, in case that's important
 to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.