Re: How to modify xorg.conf from command line in rescue console (F7)

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 19:56:57 -0400, Jim Cornette
<fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Chris Jones wrote:
>>
>>> The default depth probably needs adjusted to 16 if this is the
>>> preferred depth. Not much knowledge about NVidia modules from external
>>> repos.
>>
>> This is my file, not Bo's, who has the problem. 24 bit is fine for me ;)
>>
>> I included it just to give Bo an example of a working one, in case it
>> was any help.
>>
>> Chris
>>

>Sorry - :-)
>
>It sounds like the problem is with a virtual machine anyway when reading
>the latest posting.

Sure it is, VPC2007 video emulation has no support for 24 bit color
and of course this is exactly what fedora is using as its install
color depth unless one forces it to use something else.

THe main issues are resolved, but the first boot sequence after
install of the files still comes up in 24 bit mode and produces an
unreadable set of screens.
Once that is done (by hit and miss keyboard entries) it switches to 16
bit graphics as instructed by xorg.conf and all is well.

What I now want to achieve is to get past those first boot screens in
a readable way so the whole install can be documented as working.

I'll try to use a non-graphic first boot and see if that works (using
boot parameter modification suggestions from here).

Bo Berglund