Re: LABEL's

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 17:25 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> I was talked into using LABEL's because they make it easy to add new
> partitions and such. I have a bunch now and they work fine.
>
>     Alas, now that I am making 2 hard drives with the exact same F7 on
> them LABEL is causing me all kinds of problems. Even the F7 Rescue
> complained :-)

Well, I do recall pointing out to you that duplicate labels will be a
problem.  The fix required is to change one of them.  I would relabel
your *new* partitions, that leaves your previously set up system still
working.

>     So all my LABEL's are going to disappear.

That's throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

If you're mounting via labels, you need to ensure drive partitions have
unique labels.  If you've ended up with a duplicate, you only have to
mount the drive without using the labels (you're not removing the
labels, just not making use of them).

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.4-65.fc7 i686 i386