Re: SELinux survey (was RE: Stupid F7 boot loop)

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 06:03 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     Tim we have two different computers. Mine is in the study and it
> has tags stuck on the monitor with my passwords I use often.  I turn
> the computer off at night and when turned on it boots right up to
> Thunderbird mail.
>
>     Yours is at a business where strangers can find there way. And
> might want to do your computer harm. I have a DSL modem with a 4 port
> router that has a great hardware firewall. No-one has ever got through
> it in several years.
>
>     My computers are safe at home.

For now...  Really, all you've addressed is the password issue, with
that (whether someone can easily log in).  But, SELinux gives you a
protection in another area.  You do use the internet on those computers,
if the applications you use have an exploit, and you encounter something
that exploits it (mail, web, internet messaging, whatever...), SELinux
is there to help protect you.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.4-65.fc7 i686 i386