Re: LABEL's

>     Alas, now that I am making 2 hard drives with the exact same F7 on
> them LABEL is causing me all kinds of problems. Even the F7 Rescue
> complained :-)

You used dd so you copied the label. Using tools like rsync -a to make
copies would have been saner.

>     So the only fix is for me to go back to exact partition names so I
> can continue to get my understanding of dd complete. I think dd will
> work fine IFF the partition your sending data to is larger than the one
> it is coming from, and you do NOT put a file system in the destination
> partition.

dd will byte copy so you get exact copies in size, label, attributes, the
lot.

tune2fs -L DerekTheDisk /dev/whatever

will change the label on that volume to DerekTheDisk (or FreddieFlash or
whatever you put for up to 16 chars)

Alan