Re: Intel 82566DC-2 problem

Michael Semcheski wrote:
Hi everyone!  I've got a computer I'm trying to install Fedora 7 on.
It has an Intel 82566DC-2 Gigabit NIC.

It is the only NIC on the computer.  But, its not showing up as eth0
(or anything else, for that matter.)

I did an lscpci, and I see the NIC (that's how I know its an 82566DC-2).

 # lspci | grep Gigabit
  Intel 82566DC-2 Gigabit... (typing from memory)
 # modprobe e1000
 # lsmod | grep e1000
   e1000 1117633 0  (typing from memory, the second number is 0)
 # dmesg | grep e1000
 # dmesg | grep eth0

Nothing in dmesg about it.  I understand the situation, it see the PCI
device but e1000 doesn't think it should deal with it.

What should I do?  I'm kind of stumped here.

What is in /etc/modprobe.conf?

I have the below in mine for example. You would of course need parameters specific to your machine.

Bad answer on my part. More curious than knowledgable with this type of problem.

Jim

--
If things don't improve soon, you'd better ask them to stop helping you.