Re: New Computer

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 22:33 +0100, Steve Searle wrote:
> Around 10:25pm on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 (UK time), Karl Larsen scrawled:
>
> >    You guys are trying to change my way of writing to yours. If you
> > would set a good example I might follow.
>
> This list was full of good list ettiquette examples before you joined
> and when you joined.  You never followed them then, you are just a
> troll.
>
> >    You are so superior, why do you do the same thing you accuse me of?
>
> Now one else on this list is as rude, thoughtless, ignorant and stubborn
> as you.

(leaving my chin wide open here...)
Karl, really, legitimate questions regarding real problems are good
fodder for the list.  The responses to those questions are even better.
A final "Solved!" to wind it up is super nifty (and something there's
not enough of...many discussions just peter out without a clear
resolution--good or bad).

If you're conducting a dialog with someone on the list where you've been
asked to "do X and tell us what the result is", then that exchange's
also appropriate.  Some of the postings you made were good and did
generate information that's useful.  That all being said, a running
monologue on what you're doing is _not_ appropriate for the list and
really should be put on a blog.

Did Karl "blog"?  Yes.  Should he have?  No.  Will he do it in the
future?  I doubt it.  I think he (and many other quasi-bloggers) get it
now.

Anyway, this has degenerated into nothing more than a name-calling,
mudslinging donnybrook and is accomplishing nothing more than sucking
bandwidth (and yes, by posting this I'm guilty of bandwidth suckage
as well).  Can we please drop it?

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxx -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-               Duct Tape + Magic Marker = Label Maker!              -