Re: Linux stops working

Ian Malone wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

Very good Jim! What I have is “HWCursor” "false" which means the same as “HWCursor” "no" so wonder which is correct. I will look at man xorg-conf and see if the examples use false true or yes no :-)
  xorg.conf

If you'd done this before posting you'd have discovered that
they are synonyms, and that 0 & off and 1 & on are also possible.
As is omitting the boolean and using the prefix "No" to indicate
negation.  The justification for having a total of five ways to
write each (times two; since you could use SWCursor as another
negation), of which a simple typo can change the meaning, is
unclear.

Well I didn't know what I was doing the first time I read the man page. Then the second time I knew I was interested in an option and then the man page made a lot more sense.

By the way "SWCursor" "on" is another way to do the same thing it appears. I will try first just the first one "HWCursor" "false" but keep the other if needed. And yes 1 or 0 can be used if you can remember which is which :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User