Re: Linux stops working

Karl Larsen wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
4. I tried FC6 and it was better. It loaded clear up but then I had no "head" on my mouse. I could not see how to do anything.

5. I made a new F7 and it boots up but just like FC6 the mouse was invisible :-)

Was there a solution for the invisible pointer discussed earlier on which adding something to the xorg.conf file remedies? No hardware acceleration or visa versa.
NVidia I believe was th discussion.

Good memory Jim. Yes the computer does have a NVidia hardware set and yes if you are young you can raise the voltage on the cpu and it thinks faster :-(

   I bet that is what I need to find :-)

   Google here I come and hope it is there somewhere.

One cure is the below:
As a workaround, you might want to try adding
Option "SWCursor" "yes"
to the Device section of your xorg.conf.

or

Option “HWCursor” “Off”

Regarding my memory, it is selective and only remembers electronics or computer related information for the most part.

Jim

--
I saw a subliminal advertising executive, but only for a second.
		-- Steven Wright