Re: CUPS problem

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 09:27 +0200, PerAntonRønning wrote:
> Yesterday I went out and let another memory test run, and when I
> came home it had completed 13 passes, still with error count = 0.
> I suppose that the error count is not re-initialized to 0 every time a
> new pass starts, since every new pass occupies the same statistics
> line on the screen, at least in my version of memtest.

If it finds errors, you'd get a log of them running down the screen.  A
line for each pass of each test that found an error.

> In conclusion, I guess my memory chips are OK. Could there be a bus
> problem, or something up that alley?  Is there some way of testing she
> screen card in a similar manner?

You can try running the simple VESA driver instead of the one for your
particular graphics set.  You'll have none of the features, and only low
resolution, but if you just want to leave the PC running for a while to
see what happens, that hardly matters.

> I still hesitate to believe that all the Linux distros that I have
> tried produce the same screen freeze condition.

Wonky power supplies are another thing to point the finger at.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.