Re: Broadcom 4318 wireless again ...

John W. Linville wrote:

I have found a good place to load the bcm43xx driver to be rc.sysinit, to where I moved the two lines from rc.local after line 301, right after the 'fix console loglevel' block. When the driver gets loaded thus early, wpa_supplicant should be ok.

FWIW, dwmw2 pointed-out to me that a cleaner solution is to drop
the attached file into /etc/modprobe.d and remove the lines put into
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist and /etc/rc.local by the bcm43xx-old-config
script.

Brilliant! That's a much cleaner solution and works perfectly. Thanks very much to yourself and Klaus.

--
Ian Chapman.