Re: Mantis package bombs

Charles Curley wrote:

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do expect them to subscribe to this
list. Not because they are maintainers per se, but because presumably
they are users as well. It would be a bit difficult to maintain a
package without using Fedora.

So let me tell you. You have the wrong expectations. Many maintainers as well as end users are not going to subscribe to this list for various reasons. Lack of time. Preference to other ways of getting help like forums etc.

As for following every single thread, that's a straw man argument. It
isn't hard to write a filter to make emails with certain key words
(e.g. "mantis") jump out at you.

That assumes everyone chooses a good subject and sticks to the topic. Not happening in this list.

Has anyone got the Mantis RPM working? Or have folks done what I did:
give up on it and use the upstream tarball?

If noone reports back any feedback, you can't expect anything to change.

And another thought, Rahul: maintainers can ignore bugzilla entries
same as they can emails. I've had one bug (189120) oustanding since
2006-04-17, and no-one has yet taken ownership, never mind actually
done anything about it.

This isn't a commercial product and there isn't any guarantee of response however the feedback on bugzilla does reach the maintainers directly and is way more easier to keep track of. File a bug report instead of expecting everyone to deal with bug reports in a end user's mailing list.

Rahul