Re: Mantis package bombs

Charles Curley wrote:

No, Rahul, I will not follow a bug report, for two reasons.

* If the maintainer is not already aware of the problem from reading
  this thread, then he doesn't give enough of a damn for me to spend
  any more time on it.

You aren't expecting every maintainer to subscribe to user lists and follow all the threads here. Do you? Very very few people have the time to do this and mailing lists are not a good place to keep track of bugs which is why bugzilla exists.

* The package is so pathetically broken (see earlier in this thread)
  that the lack of the php-mysql package is irrelevant, another reason
  to believe that the maintainer doesn't give a damn.

Not everyone hits the same problems. I wouldn't assume anything without even sending any feedback.

Rahul