Re: How to reduce the size of pdf files?

Paul Smith wrote:
I have got a large bitmapped pdf file that I would like to reduce in
size. Any tool for that?

ps2pdf14, which is part of the ghostscript package, is quite efficient when it comes to the sizes of the PDFs that it produces when compared to OpenOffice. A five page document with graphics was saved in PDF with a size of ~200KB. I found that printing the document to a .ps file and then converting it using ps2pdf14 created a smaller file (~60KB) with no apparent loss in quality, at least none that I could see.

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)

Registered Linux User #374218