Re: How to reduce the size of pdf files?

On Sat, 2007-08-25 at 17:39 +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
> I have got a large bitmapped pdf file that I would like to reduce in
> size. Any tool for that?

You'd have to work out why they're so big, first.

If it embeds fonts, you could probably remake the PDF using default
fonts.  If it embeds graphics, you might be able to remake it with
compressed graphics (though they will look worse).  If it embeds text as
pre-rendered graphics, you could use optical character recognition to
change them to just text.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386